Children and young people AT ST BARNABAS PARISH CHURCH
At St Barnabas we love to welcome children, and they like beng here! We aim for everyone in the church, from the youngest to the oldest, to come to know Christ and become his follower. On Sunday mornings they enjoy 'all-age time' before leaving for their age-related groups. In the summer they can be part of a fun-filled week-long Holiday Bible Club.
There is a creche room for 0 - 3 year olds at the back of the church, equipped with toys and books. Parents are asked to supervise their own children.
- Kids Club is for children aged 3 - 11
- Children and adults start together in church at 10.30 am. After All Age Time, the children leave to go to their Kids Club groups, and return to the church at the end of the service.
- Kids Club is currently divided
into 2 age-related groups: Reception - Year 2; Year 3 - Year 6
- Kids Club uses Scripture Union 'Light' materials, specially designed for teaching children
- Pathfinders is for young people at secondary school, ages 11 - 18
- Pathfinders start together with everyone else in church at 10.30 am. After All Age Time, they leave for their Pathfinders group, and return to the church at the end of the service.
- Pathfinders uses Urban Saints teaching materials.
- Pathfinders also meet occasionally during the week for social activities, or for special outings.
Holiday Bible Clubs
St Barnabas runs a Holiday Bible Club for 5 - 11s each year
- on Good Friday, 10.00 - 12.30, telling the Easter story
- in August, for a whole week, 10.00 - 12.30, using Scripture Union materials
In 2016 we ran Megamakers, in 2017 we ran Guardians of Ancora, in 2018 we ran Teambuilders, in 2019 we ran Backpackers.
We are sorry that because of the coronavirus pandemic, we are unable to run a Holiday Club in 2020