Sunday services at St Barnabas
10.30 am Morning Worship (with age-related groups for children & young people)
Holy Communion is celebrated every Sunday morning except on the second Sunday in the month when we have an All Age Service, when children and adults stay together and learn together.
Evening Services There is no longer a regular evening service, but on the 2nd Sunday of the month at 6.30 pm, a service of Holy Communion is celebrated at the Community of the Word of God, 90 Kenworthy Road, to which all are welcome.
St Barnabas re-opened for worship on Sunday 26th July
What is the service like?
The church building was closed because of coronavirus for 4 months, so it is really special to start meeting again! But it certainly feels rather different from what we have been used to. At the moment, singing is not allowed, so we have to rely on pre-recorded songs. Services are a mixture of live and pre-recorded. There is ‘live’ Holy Communion every Sunday (wafers, no wine)
N.B. We will continue to put a pre-recorded service on our website for those unable to attend ‘live’ worship.
Things you need to know:
1. The service will be completed in the ‘shortest reasonable time’. People should not linger inside the building.
2. The church door will open at 10.15
3. The service will start at 10.30 sharp
4. We aim to finish the service by 11.30 There will be no fellowship time and refreshments inside the building
5. You will be asked to sanitize hands on entry/exit . Please wear a mask.
6. Because of social distancing, the number of seats is limited. When we reach that limit, regretfully we will say ‘we are full – no more room’.
7. The toilet should be used only if absolutely necessary. (Plan ahead!)
8. There will be no crèche or separate activities for children. A quiet activity for children will be provided, under parental supervision.
9. To assist Test and Trace, your name and contact details will be recorded.
If you have covid symptoms or are self-isolating, please keep away!!
Pre-recorded Sunday services
Each service lasts 30 - 40 minutes, and includes worship songs, a Bible reading and message, prayers, interviews, and a monthly Holy Communion. Do join us!